Tweet Profile : MALLORY WHITTEN
Mallory Whitten is a writer/artist from Ohio. She has been published by Muumuu House, Shabby Doll House, Vice, Habitat & Metazen among others. She collaborated on the chapbook, ‘Cute’, with Jordan Castro and was recently part of the Real Pain : Future Dead Friends tour.
She is also the author of (at time of going to ‘press’) 1302 tweets. @mallory_whitten
Here are some of my recent favorites:
I asked her some questions about her twitter account…
1. can you please say something re: the relationship between your tweeting and your writing?
twitter seems like a writing medium that i use to convey a thought/situation that i don’t think would be beneficial to spend energy writing a whole piece about, but i still find interesting/funny enough to make available for people to read. i think i often try to use twitter for promoting writing of my friends or my own. i didn’t have a twitter account until i started writing. i have noticed that during periods of time that i am writing more than usual i tweet more.
if i made a ven diagram of the relationship between my tweeting and my writing it’d have “paranoia about certain family members reading” in the middle.
2. do you ever consciously try to write tweets which fit with a ‘personal brand?’ (if yes, please elaborate)
i never think about my “personal brand” because i feel i am constantly changing and thinking different things so my output (tweets) should portray that.
3. how many tweet drafts do you currently have saved/to what extent do you edit your tweets?
i have one tweet draft saved now that says “i still dont understand what headaches are.” i had 20+ tweet drafts from my phone before and posted them on my tumblr here: http://malloryannwhitten.tumblr.com/post/23272487736/tweet-drafts-from-my-phone
if i am under the influence of drugs or alcohol and feel a potential tweet is being viewed as good mostly because of the substance i am on, i save it and look at it later on then decide.
if i am driving and can’t type properly i will save the attempt in my drafts then edit it and post once i arrive to the destination.
4. please write the twitter handle of the account you find most enjoyable:
remembered two nights fairly recently where i showed people andrew’s twitter account and ended up looking through it by myself laughing so hard that my eyes watered.
5. if you and twitter had existed in the past, which dead writer would you like to have followed?
damn… someone with.. not a lot of internet access it seems.. or else someone that wouldn’t tweet an overwhelming amount.
maybe charles bukowksi because i feel he would lose his laptop or phone and tweet interesting/true/somewhat belligerent things in his reality when he did have access to twitter.
Follow Mallory -
LK Shaw - @LKShowbiz
18 Notes/ Hide
- theohioans likes this
- jordancastro likes this
- okay-in-the-sea reblogged this from lk-shaw
- okay-in-the-sea likes this
- dehliaackley likes this
- deejberndt likes this
- keepthisbagawayfromchildren likes this
- ipushmongoswitchtoo likes this
- muumuuhouse reblogged this from malloryannwhitten
- muumuuhouse likes this
- 19841979 likes this
- lk-shaw reblogged this from shabbydollhouse
- malloryannwhitten likes this
- malloryannwhitten reblogged this from altlitgossip
- lk-shaw likes this
- beethoventhemovie likes this
- shabbydollhouse reblogged this from altlitgossip
- altlitgossip posted this