Tweet Profile : Mira Gonzalez
Mira Gonzalez is a writer from Los Angeles, California. She has been published by Muumuu House, Shabby Doll House, Unreality House and Illuminati Girl Gang and Habitat. She is known for her frank, humorous writing style and her love of bread and burritos.
Mira is also the author of (at time of going to ‘press’) 6514 tweets. (@miragonz)
Here are some of my recent favorites:
I asked her some questions about her twitter account:
1. can you please say something re: the relationship between your tweeting and your writing?
i dont view my twitter as separate from my ‘writing’. when i think of an idea for something that i would like to express in writing, i usually decide how that idea would be best expressed [on twitter, in a poem, in a story, etc.], then i do that. i perceive twitter as another way to generate content that i find satisfying or enjoyable
2. do you ever consciously try to write tweets which fit with a ‘personal brand?’ (if yes, please elaborate)
i dont think i have ever written a tweet specifically to fit a ‘personal brand’. i am only barely conscious of having a ‘personal brand’. i think my tweets are generally consistent or ‘on-brand’, to some degree, but i dont consciously try to make them that way. i tweet things that i find funny/enjoyable, or things that i think other people might find funny/enjoyable/relatable, or things that make me feel slightly more/less shitty, or something, with little/no regard for how they might fit into my ‘personal brand’
3. how many tweet drafts do you currently have saved/to what extent do you edit your tweets?
i currently have 5 tweet drafts saved. i probably wont post any of them.
i think the amount of editing i do depends on the tweet. sometimes i have an idea for a tweet and i can write it and post it without any edits. sometimes i write tweets that are hundreds of characters over the limit and i have to edit them a lot. sometimes i will write a tweet, then edit/reword it every ~10-20 minutes for like ~3-5 hours before i post it
4. please write the twitter handle of the account you find most enjoyable:
i dont think i find any one twitter account to be ‘the most enjoyable’
here are some twitter accounts that i find consistently enjoyable: @timothysanders, @spencermadsen, @empathetichorse, @joeybuzzz, @holiecrap, @meganboyle, @monogamie, @blakebutler, @tao_lin
that list probably isn’t complete. i consistently enjoy every account that i follow
5. if you and twitter had existed in the past, which dead writer would you like to have followed?
feel interested in following a ‘dr. seuss unedited’ account. feel like he did a lot of drugs and would probably post really belligerent tweets.
18 Notes/ Hide
- carlifonia likes this
- toddbotblog likes this
- deejberndt likes this
- willisplummer likes this
- fictionalplacestoexist likes this
- thehourofthestar likes this
- maursupial likes this
- matthewsherling likes this
- jacksonnieuwland likes this
- shabbydollhouse reblogged this from altlitgossip
- miratortilla reblogged this from altlitgossip and added:
- kathyackerspenis likes this
- lk-shaw reblogged this from altlitgossip
- lk-shaw likes this
- babyblue-nude likes this
- altlitgossip posted this