Tweet Profile : JORDAN CASTRO
Jordan Castro is a poet, prose writer and musician. He is the author of the chapbooks, Kadian, Cute and Think Tank For Human Beings In General. He is in a band called The Ohioans. He is currently working on a short story collection, and has been widely published on the internet.
Jordan is also the author of (at time of going to ‘press’), 1238 tweets. (@jordan_castro)
Here are some of my recent favourites:
I asked Jordan some questions re: his twitter account.
1. can you please say something re: the relationship between your tweeting and your writing?i think i view twitter as writing, to some degree, in the same way one could view blogging as writing, or emailing as writing, etc.
i think my poetry/fiction/etc is different than my twitter account in terms of content, style, and other things. they’re similar in that it’s me writing it.
twitter has also helped me promote my writing, get in contact with people, and, ‘most importantly,’ to me, alleviate feelings of boredom/alienation/insanity via being able to express certain things through a medium other than ‘poetry/prose.’
2. do you ever consciously try to write tweets which fit with a ‘personal brand?’ (if yes, please elaborate)i try not to think much about things like ‘personal brands’ when it comes to my artistic endeavors/[anything]. i view my twitter account, internet presences, writing, etc, as an ‘extension of myself,’ to a large degree, and always try to keep it real when it comes to those things. i’m always changing, and as a result, my art is always changing. i think about stylistic consistency and other things while tweeting, because i want to tweet things i feel artistically satisfied with, but usually not with a certain ‘audience’ or ‘brand’ in mind, generally speaking.
3. how many tweet drafts do you currently have saved/to what extent do you edit your tweets?i currently have 111 tweet drafts in my cell phone. i edit all of my tweets, to varying degrees, sometimes up to ~30 minutes.
if anyone feels interested in reading my tweet drafts or me tweeting all of my tweet drafts at once, email me, i’d do that for money.
4. please write the twitter handle of the account you find most enjoyable:@tao_lin
5. if you and twitter had existed in the past, which dead writer would you like to have followed?
Follow Jordan Castro @jordan_castro
- LK Shaw @LKShowbiz
15 Notes/ Hide
- josephcounts likes this
- jacksonnieuwland likes this
- deejberndt likes this
- theohioans likes this
- jordancastro reblogged this from altlitgossip and added:
- lieking likes this
- sharpteethandhairallover likes this
- keepthisbagawayfromchildren reblogged this from altlitgossip
- keepthisbagawayfromchildren likes this
- natethemoviemate likes this
- jordancastro likes this
- stephenmichaelmcdowell likes this
- lk-shaw reblogged this from altlitgossip
- lk-shaw likes this
- altlitgossip posted this